Caregiver Resource Coordinator - Edel Caregiver Institute
- Job Location
- Demere Center for Living - Savannah, GA
- Position Type
- Part Time
- Education Level
- 2 Year Degree
- Salary Range
- $0.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Travel Percentage
- Up to 25%
- Job Shift
- Job Category
SUMMARY: The Resource Coordinator is responsible for meeting the needs of caregivers in our community as well as maintaining and growing the services of the Edel Caregiver Institute. The coordinator will provide in home and on the phone support to caregivers by providing resources to needed services including services provided by the Edel Caregiver Institute. The position will also provide training courses for caregiver’s onsite, offsite and in the home. The coordinator will work closely with the Edel Intake Coordinator, and Edel Program Coordinator as well as working closely with all services under the umbrella of Hospice Savannah. The ultimate goal of the ECI Caregiver Resource Coordinator is to support caregivers and their care recipients through resources, education and wellness programs. The Coordinator is committed to the philosophy, goals and objectives of Hospice Savannah while consistently demonstrating the Hospice Savannah values and service excellence standards.
CORE VALUES: The Resource Coordinator is expected to model the Hospice Savannah Corporate Values:
- Excellence – I bring my best everyday.
- Accountability – I take responsibility for my own performance.
- Compassion – I impact life’s most sacred moments.
- Teamwork – I can’t do my job without you.
- Stewardship – What I do today ensures tomorrow.
ABOUT HOSPICE SAVANNAH
Founded in 1979, Hospice Savannah, Inc. is the original, not-for-profit hospice helping patients and their families throughout Bryan, Chatham, Effingham, Liberty and Long counties. Our mission is to provide our community the best services and resources on living with a life limiting illness, dying, death, grief and loss.
We are the only hospice in this area to have earned the Gold Seal of Approval© from the Joint Commission. As a designated agency of the United Way of the Coastal Empire: we are proud that profits are returned in the form of extra services to our patients and families, rather than in dividends to financial shareholders. We offer:
- Medications and therapies related to the terminal illness,
- Peace of mind through round-the-clock on-call availability of registered nurses, social workers and chaplains,
- Medical equipment such as hospital beds, oxygen, wheelchairs and supplies and disposable paper products for patient comfort and caregiver convenience delivered to your home at no expense.
- Admission to our homelike 28-bed Hospice House for aggressive pain or symptom management.
- Five-day respite stays in Hospice House to offer caregivers a much needed break.
- Music therapy, story keeping, physical therapy, massage therapy, speech therapy, and nutritional counseling as needed.
- The support of physicians and nurse practitioners, nurses and other staff who are certified in hospice and palliative care medicine.
An associate’s degree in a physical therapy assistance program or a related program or experience. Minimum of three year’s experience working with caregivers and community health services. Prior experience in client/patient advocacy preferred. Must have excellent customer service skills, verbal skills, and written communication skills. Possess the ability to successfully interact with patients, families, and other agencies. Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Products to include Word, Excel, and Outlook; strong database management skills required. GA Driver’s license and current automobile insurance required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position carries risk of exposure to infectious disease which requires standard safety precautions while in patient care areas. Position requires ability to lift up to 20 lbs utilizing proper lifting techniques. Position requires minimal walking in administrative and patient care areas.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Positions requires a general schedule of 20-25 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with requests to work additional days/hours as needed. The position requires a moderate amount of driving utilizing the employee’s personal vehicle.